Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Union Fights to End Capitalism

No Latte – No Peace!

As I read about the union activists who marched outside a Manhattan Starbucks recently, I wondered what kind of moron would demand a guaranteed 30-hour workweek and health benefits to pour coffee.

I soon found out.

They call themselves Wobblies and their stated goals are neither work nor benefits. No, the Industrial Workers of the World (IWW) want to end capitalism. To accomplish this, they pledge to destroy private business ownership and control all industry throughout the world so that they can abolish the wage system. If you don’t believe me you can review their information for yourself.

When I read about their goals, I wondered why the National Labor Relations Board would even consider their complaint – let alone schedule a hearing for next February.

As destructive as unions have been toward public schools, the auto industry, and Hollywood, I have decided to do something about it. From this day forward, I will boycott Starbucks.

Union members insist that, as Americans, they are somehow entitled to an artificially inflated income that hurts other families. There’s a reason that most Americans rule out pouring coffee as a career choice. If Starbucks refuses to provide you with the lifestyle you seek, maybe you should find something more meaningful to do with your life. I’ve read that New Orleans has inexpensive housing and many job openings right now – far above what Starbucks will pay. There's a saying that when the going gets tough the tough get going. If you're not tough yet, maybe a few cold and hungry nights will light a fire in your soul.

You will find more information about the Starbucks strike here. In the meantime, I will find other non-union coffee houses until Starbucks exterminates their present union infestations. I urge you to do the same.

Tagometer