Friday, May 22, 2009

Harnden on Cheney vs Obama

Toby Harnden describes the ten Dick Cheney punches that landed on Barack Obama’s jaw:

The former veep's speech was factual and unemotional and certainly devoid of the kind of hokey, self-obsessed, campaign-style stuff like this, from Obama's address today: "I stand here today as someone whose own life was made possible by these documents. My father came to these shores in search of the promise that they offer. My mother made me rise before dawn to learn their truths when I lived as a child in a foreign land."
As lame as the teleprompter was, I'd like to know what Obama would do when OJ Simpson's jury acquits Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. It was bad enough having OJ wander Florida golf courses.

Then again, I suspect that Khalid's book, If I Did It would be more interesting...

Tagometer